Visiting lectures, experimenting in the laboratory for young people, or attending summer campus: Junge Uni introduced school leavers to university life.
Transformation of Urban Landscapes
... looks into questions such as ...
- In what way are urban landscapes in Europe and in China changing and how can we grasp those changes?
- Which social, economic and ecological challenges do urban landscapes face?
- How can the transformations of urban landscapes be understood and explained?
- Which tools, concepts and methods can be identified in the context of transformation processes?
- Which tools, concepts and methods do the leading players deploy to influence the transformation processes?
Transformation of Urban Landscapes, Master 1 subject
What's it all about?
This degree programme is unique, because ...
as an intercultural and interdisciplinary “school of thought”, it communicates transformation competencies that help student to influence the development of urban landscapes in a sustainable manner.
It provides the opportunity to specialise in the following fields
- spatial analysis competencies
- planning and governance competencies
- intercultural competencies
Who is suited?
Those who wish to enrol in this degree programme,
advanced knowledge in the field of spatial planning, advanced English-language skills
working in a manner that is project-focused and, at the same time, backed by a sound theoretical foundation (indoors in the office and outdoors in the field) ***
... struggle through:
theoretical and methodical principles of spatial analysis (socio-economic, ecological) and spatial construction; spending one year in China **
This degree programme is suited for graduates in the following subjects
- Spatial planning
- related national and international degree programmes
Graduates from this degree programme frequently work
- in national and international planning offices
- in national and international consulting companies
- in development cooperation organisations
- with regional and municipal planning authorities
- in university and non-university research institutes
An internship ...
Studying abroad ...
is mandatory. It is done from the 3rd semester.
Duration: 1 year
Where do I find help?
Academic advisory office
Getting to know RUB prior to taking up your degree
Completing your degree means you will be seeking entry into a professional career. The Career Service at RUB provides career guidance, helps with job applications and organises numerous career planning workshops.