Even Julius Brink and Jonas Reckermann started out small, before going for gold in London 2012. Let’s see whether the university’s beach volleyball team will get just as far.
... looks into questions such as ...
- How is the human body organised and how does it work?
- How do I interact with patients, how do I ask them questions and examine them?
- How do I identify deviations from health and make diagnoses?
- How to I treat diseases?
- How do we ensure scientific progress in the field of medicine?
Being able to analyse and study the human body up to and including the tiniest cells is a fabulous experience. Naturally, you will have to do a lot of cramming.“
Mirja Lehmann, State examination read more ...
Don't let yourself be swayed by people telling you medicine is a difficult discipline. Difficult are those disciplines you're not remotely interested in.“
Lisa Janz, State examination read more ...
Medicine, State examination
What's it all about?
This degree programme is unique, because ...
as an integrated reformed degree programme, it is thematically structured and provides both basic know-how regarding the functions of the human body and hands-on patient care practice.
It provides the opportunity to specialise in the following fields
- Ethical principles and code of conduct of practitioners of medicine
- Medical interaction
- Medical skills
- Academic thinking and acting
- 41 medicine-related subjects and cross-disciplinary fields
- Fundamental science in medicine
Who is suited?
Those who wish to enrol in this degree programme,
the ability to grasp new concepts quickly, good interpersonal skills, team spirit
interacting with people, troubleshooting
... struggle through:
piles of textbooks and scripts
Graduates from this degree programme frequently work
- as medical practitioners in hospitals and doctor’s practices
- in academia
- in health care management
A prep course ...
can be covered voluntarily.
An internship ...
Duration: 3 months
A second internship ...
clinical training has to be completed between the 5th and 10th semester.
Duration: 4 months
Studying abroad ...
can be done voluntarily.
Where do I find help?
Academic advisory office
Go for Gold...
Skilled with the brush
The Musisches Zentrum is the port of call for all those who wish to explore their artistic talents: the fine arts segment offers, for example, graphic reproduction, nude drawing and nature studies courses.